The Costa Smeralda’s 5 most beautiful beaches
A stone’s throw from the Resort Cala di Falco you can discover a different beach every day and dive into the crystalline sea of Northern Sardinia.
Along the Gallura coastline there is no shortage of heavenly beaches, small coves and turquoise pools that make you think of the distant Caribbean. But it is the wonderful beaches of the Costa Smeralda that have made the Sardinian sea so famous all over the world.
The eclectic resort of Porto Cervo is just fifteen minutes from the Resort at Cannigione so it is easy to enjoy a different beach every day, dive into the crystal clear waters and spend long hours sunbathing.
Here are the five most beautiful beaches of the Costa Smeralda to be included in your bucket list.
- The Spiaggia del Principe (Prince’s beach or Poltu di li Cogghi in the Gallura dialect) is a crescent of white sand so named because it was said to be the favourite of the Aga Khan. A genuine spectacle of nature, which can be reached via a pleasant walk through Mediterranean macchia or scrub, which together with the granite rocks is reflected in the crystalline waters.
- Cala Granu is an intimate location notable for its privacy and tranquillity. Easy to get to, it has bars and restaurants but because of its small size we recommend you visit it especially in low season.
- La Celvia is a small sheltered tongue of land surrounded by luxuriant Mediterranean vegetation that offers pleasant spaces in the shade in which to rest during the hottest parts of the day. Perfect for snorkelers.
- Capriccioli, a stone’s throw from the La Celvia beach, is one of the most popular beaches on the Costa Smeralda. Famous for its extraordinary beauty, it is sheltered from the winds and very popular during the summer even with VIPs and celebrities.
- Liscia Ruja is a stretch of golden sand that still retains its wild charm. The beach is easy to get to, well equipped with facilities and attractions suitable for the whole family. Out on the horizon it is possible to see the little islands of Soffi and Mortorio.
Besides the most beautiful beaches of the Costa Smeralda, the nearby beaches at Cannigione are perfect for those who want to enjoy a few hours by the sea and then return to the hotel for lunch or relax by the pool.